When the weather begins to cool and we start to crave richer and more comforting foods, the same happens with beer. Fall is the time of year when we want to drink darker and intensely flavored beers. Gayot.com, an online guide to restaurants, hotels, events, and even cars, has compiled a list of the ten best fall beers. If you are interested in pumpkin ales, click here to read a previous post on this year's picks. Do you agree with their selection? What are you drinking this season?
1. The Bruery "Autumn Maple"
2. Sierra Nevada Brewing Company "Estate Homegrown Ale"
3. Dogfish Head "Indian Brown Ale"
4. Buffalo Bill's Brewery "Original Pumpkin Ale"
5. New Belgium Brewing "Dunkel Weiss"
6. Saint Somewhere "Saison Athene"
7. Rogue Mocha Porter
8. Kona Brewing Company "Pipeline Porter"
9. Ayinger Ur-Weisse
10. Aecht Schlenkerla "Rauchbier-Märzen"